Although many of us do not want to admit it, winter is coming. That means colder weather, snow, and long, dark days. Many people experience a seasonal depression during the winter, so here are some ways to prepare yourself for winter to help you try and avoid that seasonal depression:
- Keep drinking water– even though warm drinks like coffee or hot chocolate sound better, it is important to stay hydrated by drinking water.
- Eat well– try adding extra fruits and vegetables to your diet.
- Boost your immune system by taking vitamins– especially Vitamin D. If you already take Vitamin D supplements, you may want to look into increasing your intake.
- Keep your body moving– working out and staying active is just as important in the winter as it is in the summer.
- Keep your skin hydrated– drinking water will help but you may want to look into a topical supplement to help with your skin’s hydration.
- Add spices to your food– they contain antioxidants and have antibacterial properties that can help prevent you from getting sick.
- Manage your stress levels– with seasonal depression it is important to take care of your mental health.
Mental and physical health go hand in hand. When you take care of yourself physically, it helps you feel better mentally too. With winter quickly approaching, it is important to practice these healthy habits.