This vegan carrot ginger soup is bursting with both flavor and health benefits.Its the perfect soup to enjoy on a chilly fall or winter day. Its also fast and easy to make after a long day and freezes for up to 3 months.
- 1 tbs oil
- 1 white onion, minced
- 4 garlic cloves, minced
- 2 tbs ginger, minced *
- 1.3 lbs carrots, roughly chopped
- 2 cups vegetable broth *
- 1/4 cup almond milk
- 1 tbs lemon juice (optional)
- pumpkin seeds (optional)
- salt and pepper to taste
- In a large pot, heat oil.
- Add onion, garlic and ginger. Sauté until fragrant, about 5 minutes.
- Add carrots and sauté for another 5 minutes.
- Add vegetable broth and simmer for about 15 minutes with the lid on the pot.
- Once carrots are tender, blend until smooth. *
- Add almond milk and season with lemon juice, salt and pepper.
- Serve garnished with a sprinkle of sunflower seeds and a dash of almond milk.
*If you aren’t fond of strong ginger taste, use 1 tbs instead of 2. The easiest way I’ve found to peel ginger is with a spoon. (image below)
*Instead of using vegetable broth, I use 2 cups of water and 3 teaspoons of Better than Bouillon Vegetable Paste. https://www.walmart.com/ip/Better-Than-Bouillon-Premium-Seasoned-Vegetable-Base-8-oz/30984060?wl13=5977&selectedSellerId=0
Directions With Pictures Below:
In a large pot, heat oil and sauté onion, ginger and garlic for about 5 minutes, until fragrant.
Add carrots and sauté another 5 minutes.
Add vegetable broth and simmer 15 minutes with the lid on.
Blend until smooth.
Add almond milk and season with lemon, salt and pepper.
Garnish with pumpkin seeds and almond milk.