With Thanksgiving just around the corner, it is the perfect time to recognize the things you are thankful for and learn how to be thankful. Here are some ways I like to do this:
- Every day, I think about three things I am thankful for. Sometimes they are the same three things, other days they vary.
- Say thank you to others as often as you can. If someone does something for you and you appreciate it, tell them.
- Write down what you are most thankful for in your life and keep it as a reminder. Some people like to keep a gratitude journal for this.
- Look for the positives in every situation. If you are going through a hard time, think about the good things in your life. For example, if you are overwhelmed at work, think about how lucky you are to have a job that people trust you with responsibilities at.
- Thank yourself. You have gone through so much and you continue to keep going. Thank yourself for getting you through your hard times and growing into the person you want to be.
Although Thanksgiving is a good time to be thankful, you should practice these habits all year. This will help you become more positive and give you a better outlook on your life. Be thankful and recognize who you are thankful for- then tell them!